Clinical Supervision Certification Training - 30 CEU Hours Workshop
Schedule Coming Soon!
The ICDS Clinical Supervision certification training is a 2 day workshop (+ 14 hour home study) that fulfills the training requirement to become a counselor intern supervisor in Texas, as well as a number of other states. Please see your state licensure/certification board to determine any differences in certification requirements (In most cases, 30 hours will fuflfill the training requirements).
The Clinical Supervision Training Addresses:
- How to supervise counselor interns to ensure quality performance;
- How to meet the requirements for documentation and supervision of CIs with a minimum of suffering by both parties;
- How to write a CTI application and maintain your status with DSHS;
- Sample curriculums to meet educational requirements for CIs;
- Sample curriculum for supervisory standards and effective methods;
- The roles of the clinical supervisor and methods of supervision in your environment;
- Suggestions for creating a cohesive staff environment through clinical supervision;
- All three modules also provide CEU hours.
- Module I - How to acquire and maintain CTI status - 8 CEU Hours Workshop
- CTI application requirements
- CTI staff training requirements
- FAQ’s about CTI standards and rules
- CTI compliance
- Module II - Providing supervision and completing documentation in your CTI - 8 CEU Hours Workshop
- CI supervision in a CTI environment
- Documentation forms and methods for completion
- Education required for Counselor Interns (CIs) in the CTI environment (sample curriculum is included)
- Advanced Clinical Supervision - 14 hour independent study
- Roles of the clinical supervisor
- Methods of supervision
- Suggestions for creating a cohesive staff environment through clinical supervision
Requirements to Become a Clinical Supervisor in Texas
Additional certification information is also available at www.tcbap.org.
- Currently licensed;
- 10,000 hours (approximately five years) of counseling experience in the field of addiction counseling;
- 4,000 hours (approximately two years) of actual supervisory experience in the field of addiction counseling (must include 200 contact hours of face-to-face clinical supervision);
- Thirty hours of didactic training in clinical supervision. This must include at least six hours of training in each of the following areas: Assessment/Evaluation, Counselor Development, Management/Administration and Professional Responsibility;
- One letter of reference from a supervisor and two letters of reference from peers;
- Successful score on the ICRC Clinical Supervision Examination.